- Protect children from Phuket province from body, mind and sexual abuse.
- Bring immediate help and support to endangered children.
- Inform children and the community about their human rights
- Provide education and give access to public health services to underprivileged children
- Cooperate with other charity organizations for the benefit of the community
- To protect and assist disadvantaged children affected by Tsunami in the 4 southern Thailand provinces.
- To provide accommodation and welfare protection to needy children as to enable them to grow up in good conditions, and later integrate society as normal citizens.
- To increase the potential of officers and people working in child welfare and protection by provision of academic knowledge’s for related workers both GOs and NGOs.
- To cooperate and coordinate with GOs and Thai Red Cross in child protection and to enhance workers efficiency.
Important To Know:
Dear Patrons and friends, we sometimes are mistakenly referred to as an “Orphanage”.
However we would like to correct that assumption. We are actually a “Foster Home For Children In Need” as most of our children still have some family. The children are with us because their own family are currently unable to take care of them properly.
For those children who have no safe options to live with relatives the Phuket Sunshine Village Foundation provides short-term and long-term family-based foster care guided by the principals of the Child protection laws of Thailand. All the children in our care are living in a family environment within the Phuket Sunshine Village.
Many families who are living in poverty entrust their children into the care of various institutions, believing it will lead to a path out of poverty. However, institutionalisation can have long-term and sometimes irreversible negative effects on a child’s development.
Our staff at the Phuket Sunshine Village are regularly checking on the Children’s families and we are highly committed to help bring the Children back to their remaining Family and enable the Children to experience a normal Family life in a safe and caring environment.
As long this is not the case, the (remaining) family of the children in our care can regularly visit the children at the village and if appropriate we do allow the child to stay with the family over the weekend.